Today, I am sharing with my lovely reader’s a few simple remedies for suntan/sunburn. These are some most popular and effective home remedies for getting rid of suntan but they need at least a week of regular usage to show any visible and noticeable results.
Home remedies to cure Suntan or Sunburn
- Wash your face with fresh coconut water. After for 5 mins and wash your face with fresh cold water.
- There are times when apart from normal suntan, you also suffer from dark spots on face and other body parts too. For this, make a mixture of masoor daal powder, soaked in water for whole night, 1 tb spoon lemon juice and a pinch of turmeric powder. Apply this mixture on your face and neck and on other affected areas. Wash when dries.
- Everybody likes oranges. Eat your orange, but don’t throw the peel instead use it for that glowing flawless skin. Let the orange peel dry up in shade and then grind it to give it form of powder. Put it in a jar. Make a paste taking 1/4 tb spoon orange peel, ½ tb spoon besan and one tb spoon rosewater. Apply it on your face and wash after 20 min.
- Take thin potato slices and keep these soaked in curd/yoghurt for 10 min, after that clean the face with these potato slices. It has a very soothening effect on sunburnt skin.
- Aloe vera gel can take the sting and redness out of a sunburn away from you. Aloe vera plant is available in local nursery if you want to use it in its purest form (or you can buy some aloe vera gel). Cut one of the broad aloe vera leaves and apply the gel directly to the burn area. Apply minimum 3-4 times per day for several days. I have personally tried this after coming back from Goa and benefitted from this immensely.
- Mix sandalwood paste, lemon juice, coconut water, cucumber juice and raw milk and apply it on your face with help of cotton. Wash after 15-20 min. This will also help in removing dark spots.