I visited Shoppers Stop to buy some peachish pink shade lip colour for myself which I wanted for long. I tried out all brands there but could only find what I wanted in Lakme 9 to 5. And this colour, I would say is pure magic. I am in love with it. Pure beauty.
The application is perfect matt and you won’t be able to notice any shimmers in it. But when it starts fading, say after 6-7 hours (yes, it stays that longggg), you will notice some light shimmer particles on your lips. They bother, NO. It is from Lakme’s 9 to 5 range and perfectly so, it stays upto its claim of that, more than any other lip color of this range. No bleeding, no creasing. And this is so rich in colour and pigmented. But you get a light stain sort of coverage also and that looks so pretty for day time or those like me who never wear 2 coats of lippies ever 🙂
Now some pics –
What the website claims –
· Lakme 9 to 5 Matte Lip Care Raspberry Badge MP5 in just a single sweep of the color and you are set for any occasion
- It is light and rich in color
- It gives a feel good matte finish
- Wheatgerm Oil rich in vitamin E keeps the silky smooth and soft
- With a unique non drying formula, the color last longer and also keeps lips hydrated
- A must have for all occasions
Rs. 400/- for 3.6ml
Packaging is very pretty. Pink girly tube with a firm bullet inside that doesn’t melt or break and is quite travel friendly.
It is a matt shade. But despite that, it doesn’t leave the lips dried or creased. IT gives a very smooth application and is so soft and creamy. The best thing is it doesn’t bleed, feather or crease. The pigmentation is quite good. Just start applying it and after 1 or 2 coats, you get the desired colour.
Staying Power –
This range from Lakme is named as 9 to 5 and this lip color sort of lives upto this claim. It stays as it is for almost 6 hours easily surviving meals and tea and water Jbut even after that when it starts fading, it looks beautiful. I am not required to do any touch ups for this for 8 hours and it stays :).
Now some lip swatches –
See- you won’t notice any shimmer here but it has 🙂 very light non -disturbing one. Just perfect 🙂
- Beautiful peachish pink colour.
- Soft creamy formulation while giving matt effect.
- Stays long, almost 7 hours easily in non AC environment :).
- Very rich colour with nice pigmentation.
- Suits all skin tones.
- Doesn’t bleed or feather.
- Contains the goodness of wheatgerm oil and Vitamin E.
- Non drying.
- May seem dry to some. Please moisturize your lips before applying.
But this is not a con for me 🙂
Overall Verdict –
This is a very pretty shade from Lakme 9 to 5 for daily use and will suit Indian skin tones very well. I am dusky and it looks pretty good on me (but with makeup on ;)). I would surely repurchase it and recommend it.