A big hello to my lovely friends 🙂
Now, coming to the product, I am here with MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC40. Being oily skinned, I never compromise on my foundation and compact as a cheap quality product goes in just 1-2 hours from my face and only oil remains. I try to get the best here as these things make the canvas for a good painting 😉
For compact part, this pressed powder from MAC is quite good but I won’t say that it is my HG product. I like it and always carry it with me for touch ups. It is good for oily skin. It gives a nice satiny finish to the skin. It is named as sheer but it gives a decent coverage to the skin that is more than sufficient for everyday use. And when applied on top of foundation, it gives its best. It controls oil and shine too and it looks natural. I use it normally to set my foundation in place and it does that perfectly and keeps a tab on that oil and shine too.
Packaging is quite good like all other MAC products. A plastic body but a very fine one at that with a toch to open type button. It has a mirror inside that comes very handy. It has a sponge too for application. My pressed powder is not too old like 8-9 months and the pack is half empty but the sponge is no more (hoooo). Means that the sponge was not of good quality and came out of its base and was torn. Obviously I use that no more. I use a MAC brush to apply my pressed powder.
Very smooth and velvety. I love its feel. It is so light on skin while giving good effect and a not so flat look. It is so soft to the touch. I love the texture.
What the MAC website claims –
Micro-fine, sheer and silky. Pressed for portability. Goes on lightly. Won’t shift your shade or leave its mark. Lets skin’s natural vitality and freshness glow through. Comes with its own suede-finish sponge. Blurs lines. Makes skin look flawless.
Rs. 1650/- for 12g.
- It is very soft and light on the skin.
- It is true to its claims and gives a sheer coverage, but a decent one.
- Controls oil and shine for 1-2 hours easily even in humid conditions. In other weathers, it can go for upto 5-6 hours and you always have it for touch ups 🙂
- Fine quality compact case with good mirror.
- Easy to carry and travel friendly.
- No messy fallout from the case when carried in the bag.
- Lots of shades available to choose from.
- It doesn’t clog pores.
- No cakey appearance.
- Can be used on its own or over foundation. Works best both ways.
- It doesn’t cause any breakouts.
- Works well in all weathers even for oily skin.
- The sponge/ puff applicator provided with the product was not of fine quality and got torn itself within 7-8 months of purchasing the product.
Overall Rating –
All in all, a great product from MAC that works for all. I can repurchase it easily depending upon its qualities and effect that it gives. But I want to try out some other products from MAC 🙂
Other products you may love: