So, I am stepping into DIY zone.
Why!! Because, I love homemade recipes for pampering my skin and believe in them way too much. Much more than those normal fairness creams and like stuff that we usually get in shops.
As I am back from my trip to Jaipur and it’s obvious that being a shopaholic girl, I wandered and shopped around in scorching heat while trying to utilize an hour which I was given by my hubby ;). I purchased some nice stuff while satisfying my urge for bargaining. That I will share with you soon!!
Well coming back to our talk, DIY, I thought of serving my skin with something healthy after all that heat and dust of highway. So, I thought of making an ubtan (a paste). Me being so lazy, it was quite a tough decision for me! 😛
I am going to share with you all a tutorial about what Indian brides apply onto their face and body for that perfect skin and glow. In India we call it ubtan but for all those who don’t know what ubtan is, it’s a mask/paste made of gram flour. In India, brides start using it prior a month of wedding and anyone can use it for a healthy skin. It works effectively on un-even skin tone, pigmentation, skin blemishes, tanning, pores, and acne. It gives a glow to the skin like no other skin product and its positive point is that it is inexpensive and is easily available in everyone’s kitchen. It contains all natural ingredients that make it easy to make and more PH balanced and it has absolutely no side effects until you are allergic to any of the ingredient. You can use it on daily basis as face wash. But you have to be patient to see the results, as all natural things work slowly. But they are more effective and consistent.
You will need:
– Rose Water
– Besan (chickpea flour)
1. 2 tbsp gram flour (besan).
2. 1 tbsp rose water.
3. 2 tbsp raw milk.
4. 1/4 tbspn or a pinch of turmeric.
(Here, we are making a pack for face. If you want to make a body pack, you can increase the quantity accordingly.)
- Mix all the ingredients well and make a thick paste.
- All those who have oily skin and especially in summers you should skip raw milk instead take curd or lemon juice.
- Your face pack is ready. Apply this pack on your face and neck and let it dry for some time. When it starts drying but is not completely dry yet, start scrubbing it in small circular motions all over your face and neck. Now, wash it away.
- If you are short of time, just apply it onto your face and start scrubbing and wash straight away. It will start glowing more and more with each passing day and you are going to love your skin.
That’s it. Do it gals and you will love it J. Boyz, you can also give it a try and it will work the same way for you too but be patient to see the results.
Do tell me your experiences with this amazing pack.