‘What do I wear?’ is one question that stresses out most women. Despite having an overflowing wardrobe, women (including me) complain of having nothing to wear ever. Things really get out of hand when its change of season. Now that summers are breathing down the neck, what do we wear? Fashion changes every season and we women like to keep pace with it. For this it’s important to be well equipped and make changes as per the trends. Let’s see how you can give a new look to your wardrobe this summer.
1. The White shirt – Like the classic LBD, this is a must in the wardrobe. Believe me when I say that you can never have too many of these. Roll up the sleeves and they are good to go with a pair of shorts (any material or color for that matter). Tie the shirt at the waist and club it with a skirt – voila it’s a new look. Chop off the sleeves for that extra cool look.
2. Hang onto the pastels – The scorching summer sun makes you want to look at pleasing colours and that is why pastels are a must. Pack up the part of your wardrobe that has bright colors and chunky prints and focus on softening the look. You can always wear a bright red lip color to add the oomph factor.
3. Make way for skirts and dresses – Flowing skirts, mid-length dresses are so feminine and at the same time apt for summers. They seem so much more comfortable than the pair of jeans in which you spent the winters. For a glam evening wear add an off-shoulder dress to the wardrobe. Shop clothing offers online at myntra, Jabong, Zivame and many stores .
4. Floral all the way – Floral prints are like classics that never go out of fashion. Look for floral prints in your winter wardrobe and keep them for summer as well. You can always mix and match them with solid colors to create a fresh look.
5. Scarves and hats – Protection from the sun is a must and what better way to do so than by adding few scarves and hats in the wardrobe. Scarves can become your trademark accessory. They can be printed or plain or floral or in checks – but they should have a certain delicateness about them. In hats, straw hats are the best but floppy cloth ones can help restyle the look.
6. Sleeveless and plunging necklines – Layering of clothes is out and the idea is to be a minimalist. A crop top or a sleeveless one is ideal for the job and thus a must for summers. Even for regular tops, a plunging neckline makes a difference.
7. DIY project – It’s not possible to buy the entire wardrobe with every change in season. To get the maximum out of what you already have, indulge in some DIY projects that can help you repurpose the last season’s clothes. Rip those jeans to create shorts which are better suited for summers. Paint a funky message on the tee, chop off the sleeves of the tee and convert it into noodle straps. Here you are only limited by imagination.
8. Accessorize – These are important to complete the look. For summers, you need to have minimalist jewelry. Let strings, pendants and long chains make way for chunky beads and chokers. leave the hair open or use a hair band this summer. The trends this season calls for fringes in hand bags to be paired with skirts, shorts more or else with every outfit. Quirky sunglasses will be an additional plus.
9. Strap up footwear – It’s summer so let your feet also breathe. Keep away the boots and bring out the flat and strappy sandals. A pair of tie up sandals is a must. A pair of peep toes will also work fine.
10. Material envy – Cottons are always the best bet in summers. They are cool in the literal sense. However, this summer you can add nets and georgettes too. A crocheted top or skirt will make a style statement.
With the tips above you can mix and match, revamp and restyle and have a wardrobe ready for the summers.