Today we will discuss one of the prettiest red shade on earth. Yes. I am talking about L’Oreal Paris Lincoln Rose here. Isn’t it too good!!
Am I late in reviewing this? Oh yes…..hahaha. Late is a small word. But then, seeing the awesomeness of the color, I wanted it to be on my blog.
When Aishwarya entered Red Carpet for Cannes in 2014, like every other girl, I fell in love with this sensational red there and then. When everyone saw Aishwarya, everyone was going gaga over the shade and was of the view that when Aishwarya is brand ambassador for L’Oreal, how could she put on lipstick of some other brand 😀 and that too MAC. But, that was not true, L’Oreal arrived on the scene then, launching this Color Riche Moist Matte range which was definitely comparable to high end brands. It surely made a space for itself in my vanity.
What the brand says:
Add a touch of glamour to your look with the L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Moist Matte range that delivers intense moisture while providing a velvet matte finish. Colour Riche Moisture Matte’s lipsticks are enriched with Jojoba oil to provide unrivaled intense luscious color in a single application.
- Jojoba Oil keep lips hydrated.
- Highly pigmented for a rich matte effect.
- Gives a smooth and silky finish.
- Easy to apply and long lasting.
A lipstick that delivers intense moisture while providing a velvet matte finish.
- New light illum complex delivers a rich matte color.
- Ultra gliding shine oils provide smooth silky application.
- Jojoba oil gives perfect hydration up to 4 hours.
- Color stays true up to 6 hours.
Lincoln Rose comes in a shiny rose gold bullet which has a transparent square tab in middle for color indication. The bullet has mirror finish and is very classy. I love the packaging, so vibrant than those black bullets. Thumbs up!!
Rs. 950/- for 4.2gm
My Views on L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Moist Matte Lip Color – Lincoln Rose :
I have this shade for last two years, though I have not reviewed it but it still is one of my hot favourites. The color is brightest red with pink undertones. Though its very bright shade, I don’t feel it will not suit anybody. It is a type of color which will suit everybody, every complexion. The formula is great, its moist and its matte. Yes, both pros achieved in one lipstick. The finish is matte but it won’t leave your lips dehydrated and flaky. It stays whole day, doesn’t smudge, doesn’t bleed, doesn’t feather. Do I need to say more!! There is not a single reason not to have this beauty.
The lipstick is very pigmented, say if your lips are not pigmented, a single swipe is more than enough. And if you have pigmented lips, then also, 2 coats are good enough. No streaks, no cakiness, no heaviness, in fact, you won’t feel anything on your lips.
- One of the prettiest red shade with pink undertones.
- Suits all alike.
- Gives a perfect matte finish but not that drying.
- Nice packaging, comes in a classy rose gold bullet.
- Superb pigmentation. Single swipe gives a rich color.
- Lasts almost forever, great staying power.
- Great for pigmented lips.
- Transparent tab on bullet for easy color recognition.
- Doesn’t feather, bleed or smudge.
- Price is certainly a con. Its almost 1000 bucks. And I mind paying that amount for a lipstick, be it of any brand. But you can easily find this on sale online.
- Removing it is a task. Rub, rub, rub with makeup remover, oil or anything but still you feel a trace is there.
I totally recommend this shade to all my girlies out there. If you are in search of your red and don’t wanna spend above 1k, then this definitely is the best red available. Superb finish yet matte, it will make you feel like a princess Perfect for wearing with traditional attires and westerns equally. You need to grab it to experience it!!