An infection found in any part of the urinary system such as bladder, kidneys, and urethras is known as Urinary Tract Infection. Most of the infections are found in the lower tract that is the urethra and the bladder. You can see these organisms with the help of microscope because they are too small in size. It is said that the reason for causing UTIs is fungi, bacteria and in some rare cases, the viruses cause it. UTI is known as one of the most common infections seen in humans.
Have a look at the causes of UTI and also the risk factors associated with it-
- Age is the main cause. It is seen that the older ones are more likely to get the UTIs
- History of UTI
- Kidney stone
- Enlarged prostate
- Use of urinary catheters
- A weak immune system
It is observed that this infection is more common in women if compared to men.
These are the risk factors-
- Sexual activity
Symptoms of UTIs-
The symptoms are likely to be dependent exactly where the in the urinary tract is being infected.
These are the symptoms of the lower tract-
- Blood type urine
- Urine which may look like tea or a cola
- Urine of a stronger odor
- Women might feel pain in pelvic
- Cloudy urine
- Increased the urge of urination
The kidneys are affected by the upper tract of UTIs. This can be very dangerous.
These are the symptoms of upper tract UTI
- Feeling pain in upper back
In men, we can find the similar symptoms as those, which are in women. Lower tract symptoms in men sometimes can include rectal pain.
- The treatment always depends upon the cause. It is seen that in most cases bacteria is only the cause. Thus, the treatment for it is antibiotics.
- Those with the viral UTI are treated by making use of medication known as antiviral.
- The Fungal UTIs can be treated with the antifungal medications.
Mostly antibiotics are preferred treatments for the UTIs.
There are some home remedies for the UTI-
- Drink as much as water you can
- Make use of the hot water bottle to reduce the pain
- Cut down on things which irritate your bladder like spicy food, alcohol and coffee.
- You can also use cranberry juice as it will help you to fight against the UTI.
If you are infected with simple infection, then these are the commonly recommended drugs-
For frequent infection-
- Take antibiotics of low dose for almost six months
- If you have sexual intercourse then after that you need to take a single dose of the antibiotics, if the infections are connected with sexual activity.
- For post menopause, vaginal estrogen therapy is recommended.
Thus, if you are infected with UTI, then you can get in touch with the best gynecologist in Hyderabad who will give you proper treatment for your infection.