A very warm Good Morning to all my lovely friends!!
Happy Gandhi Jayanti too J
Hope you all are celebrating and enjoying this mid week break..
Today, I am reviewing a sunblock lotion from Auravedic. Earlier, I have used Nivea sunscreen and Lakme one and quite liked them. I use these only for my hands and neck though. For face, I am always afraid.
Now coming to this sunscreen, I find it quite good for the purpose that I am using it. It has quite good sun protection with SPF 30+ and as claimed, it has brightening properties. I find these claim somewhat true as when I apply it on my hands, there comes a bright fresh feeling.
Fragrance – Fragrance wise, it doesn’t score anywhere. Neither irritates me, nor tempts me. Light lemonish fragrance.
Packaging – Bottle is of plastic and is travel friendly. It has a pump dispenser with a small plastic transparent cap covering the dispenser. That takes care of any accidental spillage and I like that.
Texture – It is white in colour and is creamy but lightweight. You apply it and it gets absorbed into the skin very fast leaving bright skin with no whitish cast. All smooth and natural.
Big Qualities of Auravedic Pure Brightening Sunblock Lotion –
No Parabens, No SLS, no Harmful chemicals, No Colours. I purchased this one due to these qualities only. I never go for claims like pure brightening and all that but yes, no parabens, SLS etc are a go go for me. It has UVA/ UVB protection. No animal testing.
Rs. 200/- for 100ml
Kokum butter, mango butter ,beeswax ,sunflower oil, amla extracts , tamarind extract , mulberry extract, jojoba oil , octyl methoxycinnamate , benzophenone 3 , titanium dioxide , olivem 1000 , oil wax , orange fragrance ,purified water ,phenoxyethanol.
What the company claims about Auravedic Pure Brightening Sun Block Lotion –
A new luxuriant daily hydrating lotion with pure plant extracts, anti oxidants and sunscreen that helps protect against free radical damage and brightens complexion with a matte finish, leaving it radiant all day long. Ideal for all skin types. Specially useful for sun damaged skin with discoloration, dark spots and uneven skin tone.
Free of Parabens, SLS, Harmful Chemicals & Colours.
What I feel about the product –
- This sunblock has SPF 30+ with UVA/ UVB protection.
- It has water resistant properties and has 100% pure plant extract.
- It doesn’t have any parabens, SLS, colours or harmful chemicals.
- It is inexpensive and I love it for the purpose I have bought it i.e., to be applied on exposed areas other than face.
- For oily skinnies, it may not be suitable to be applied on face as it may cause breakouts but for normal/ combi and dry skins, It’s perfect. No problems at all.
- It takes very less time in being absorbed by the skin and it leaves no whitish cast that I love. I doesn’t make me sweat like most sunscreens do.
- It doesn’t leave me shiny or oily. It doesn’t irritates or stings.
- No animal testing.
Cons of this sunblock –
- Availability – only online.
- Fragrance may irritate sensitive noses.
- No full day long bright, radiant complexion, no complexion change 😉 but who gives that !!
- Oily skinnies need to be careful.
Overall Rating –
I would recommend it as a sunblock that can be used liberally on your hands and exposed areas as it is inexpensive and has good SPF of 30+ and has no harmful chemical. I would repurchase it for same purpose as this time. For dry/ combi skin, and in normal weather or winters, it is recommended. For humid conditions and oily skin – No.