Finally, back to reviews again J
So today, I am reviewing this small cute liquid budget eye liner from Lakme – Lakme Insta Liner.
I love eye liners. All colours and all types. I hardly leave home without my eyeliner on. My favourites are black, blue and green – all shades of these colours.
Lakme Insta Liner is a good liner which is very inexpensive for the quality provided. I have other eyeliners too but this is also a constant one in my closet.
What the product claims –
- Lakme Insta-Liner Water Resistant Eyeliner is a lightweight and comfortable eyeliner for perfect definition.
- Lakme Insta-Liner Water Resistant Eyeliner has a water-resistant formula
- Ensures no smudging or smearing
- Has a deep intense color that does not fade
- Lasts long, really long
- Freely line eyes without worrying about smudging your eyes. Color is rich jet black, even a single swipe is enough.
It comes in a transparent glass bottle with a plastic cap. It has a normal lid with not too long or too short handle. Just perfect. But coming to the brush quality, I don’t find it satisfying. I purchased two liners, one for me and one for my sis. The quality of my liner’s brush is too bad. All bristles go here and there and I never use it to apply my liner. If you are lucky and got a good brush, then it’s so easy to get that fine thin line with this one.
Colour and Texture –
It is quite a liquid but not too runny. It thickens with time. I quite like its consistency. The colour, what I feel, is not jet black. It is black but not that intense one. It has a good texture and smooth to apply. I find it very easy to use this liner either in a thin line or build up a good thick one. And yes, this is totally matte. No glossy effects. And I like that.
Drying Time –
It takes a lot of time in drying. You open your eyes after applying and yes, it will be everywhere. Just be patient with this and wait for a good time to let it dry.
I got it for Rs. 75/- for 9ml. Now it’s 85/- I think.
My take on Lakme Instaliner –
I quite like this eyeliner from Lakme. I was not having any high expectations with this one while buying. But it has been more than what I expected. It fulfills its claims in a 50:50 ratio. The color is not that intense black. It is a good everyday liner and it surely doesn’t smudge or smear. Just apply it cautiously and be free for whole day. It takes a while in drying. So give it 2-4 minutes. The bristles are bad. The brush is not helpful at all. It doesn’t fade and is very lightweight. It fulfills its water resistant claims. It doesn’t come off with a splash of water but don’t do it repeatedly. And never rub your eyes with this on or you will face the consequences 😉
- A good daily wear eyeliner.
- Good quantity provided.
- Easy to apply and gives a good matt finish.
- No streaking or smudging.
- Travel friendly packaging.
- Doesn’t peel or chips or cracks with time.
- No irritation or itching in the eyes.
- Very lightweight and causes no stretching.
- Water resistant.
- Check the bristles before purchasing the eyeliner. My brush was quite bad.
- No quick drying formula. Takes around 2-4 minutes easily to dry completely.
- Not an intense black shade.
- No ingredients list.
- Not waterproof but they even don’t claim that. And at that price, what more can we ask!!
Overall Rating and Recommendation –
I keep this one with me mostly but don’t use it so extensively. Only once in a while. This is a good one for budget buyers and matt lovers. It is a shade lighter after drying so check that out when buying. Also, check the bristles of brush before buying. Overall, I am satisfied with it.