Obesity is a medical condition, in which layers of undigested cholesterol gather inside your body in the form of fat and as doctors say, this cholesterol is the root cause of many diseases. Obese people are at a higher risk of dying early as compared to normal people.
Obesity has become a real epidemic when it comes with more and more people involving in less physical activity because of all the office work and their involvement in junk food. A bad diet is the main cause of obesity. If you suffer from obesity, what all you need is change your lifestyle a bit and for sure you will overcome this situation.
Side effects of excess fat or obesity:
- It gives birth to many diseases like blood pressure, diabetes, heart diseases and also joint pain. By controlling your weight or fat, you can save yourself from all these diseases.
- High quantity of cholesterol increases level of sodium in our body, which gives birth to high blood pressure. And as we all know it is very injurious to heart, again giving birth to many heart diseases.
- Obesity is the common cause of diabetes. High level of cholesterol makes our body resistant towards insulin. As a result, our body stops producing insulin hormone.
- Heavy weight may cause the problem of arthritis, because it puts pressure on joints. It reduces the level of cartilage in body.
- It may give birth to brain stroke and cardiac arrest.
God, so many problems only as a result of increased fat!! But don’t forget, our health is in our hands. Let’s get to know about causes and cures of obesity.
Main causes of obesity:
- Lack of exercise and physical activity.
- Hereditary causes and hormonal imbalance, like in thyroid one tends to put on or lose weight. It is a disease which affects the hormones produced by your thyroid gland. In this disease, your metabolism is impacted and you gain the tendency of putting on weight on whole body over a short period of time.
- Excess stress and lesser sleep may result in obesity.
- Junk food, oily food, chocolate, cold drinks and all packaged foods etc. ****Do you know….ice cream is also considered as junk food!!****
- Falling asleep just after the meal.
How to control your weight:
- Increase fiber intake in your meal. This is the easiest and best way to control weight.
- Do brisk walk for at least 15-20 mins. And remember tuck your tummy inside while doing any kind of walk or even jogging. As if your tummy will be normal or out, it is going to be of no gain when it comes to lose tummy fat.
- Reduce intake of all food items which are high in starch like potato, peanuts and peas.
- Eat fruits and salads in first half of the day.
- Eat something every 3-4 hrs. Don’t starve yourself rather eat little amount.
- Include oats, wheat and barley in your meal.
- Try to intake at least 600gms of green vegetables per day. Keep an eye on it.
- Avoid pineapple, mango, cashew, refined flour, packaged food and all aerated drinks.
- Don’t go for crash diets as people who go for crash diets rather end up gaining more weight.
- Add some physical activity in your daily life. Try to opt for stairs rather elevators or starting playing your favorite outdoor game.
- Drink lots and lots of water. Trust me it can cure and prevent many diseases.
Oh…that’s it!! If you want to know more about my and my sissy, Ritcha’s personal experiences, you can go through it here and here.
Obesity is now not only a condition but it has become a disease. Let’s overcome it before it overcomes us. Let’s don’t fall prey to it and fight it and be light and happy always 🙂.
Stay healthy and happy,
Love you always
Image Source – Google Images